Thursday, June 28, 2007

Assistive Technology Benefits All Students

I found this article to be extremely interesting just because I would like to get some of this assistive technology in my classroom. I know some of the technology is available to special education students in the special education classroom. However, I would like to get the technology for my classroom. I was especially intrigued by the programs that would read highlighted words to students and the program that allowed students to scan books and have them read. Some of the special education teachers in my school are writing a grant for the classroom amplifying system. I am excited about the prospect of using that system. I also like how the founder of the company was motivated by his own and his child’s needs. He is actually making technology that would be helpful to him.

No comments: